Tlemcen Car electronics  

Précédent   Tlemcen Car electronics > Categorie principale > Section for english users

Section for english users English talking about cars, problems and solutions ...

Banner mod-Files1
Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 16/07/2014, 08h54   #1
Kellertroll
Débutant

Pouvoir de réputation: 0
Kellertroll is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Peugeot 307 Transmission stops working!Big Problem

Hello forum,

Since 3 months i have huge problems with my car.
A peugeot 307 sw year 2005 1.6 16V gasoline engine, AL4 automatictransmission.

Sometimes i can drive normal nothing happens all is fine.
But sometime the wont start, i have no gear displayed in the display, the lock up switch for the gear lever doesnt open. So i cannot shift to D or R or whatever. With force i can pull the transmission lever to D and can drive without shifting. It feels like a emergency mode or so. I came home and that the importend point. But this is no option for everyday.

2 weeks ago i change the ECU(bought a used one from ebay) for the AL4 transmission. The problem was vanished for 2 weeks. But i drive not so much the last weeks, maybe the problems was not completly solved.

I checked with my diag interface and pp2000 all the valves and parameters at the transmission. I cannot find and issue with these. Something is wrong maybe the ECU from the transmission was not the problem. I think the main ECU(BSI) is making the trouble. Can someone tells me about this problem or has tip what can i check next.

greetings Troll
Kellertroll est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 30/07/2014, 06h58   #2
kowalma
Membre Non Confirmé

kowalma is an unknown quantity at this point
Par défaut

I think problem is with brake switch circuit. Most liklely when you cannot change gears brake lights do not work. Check if connector next to brake pedal, as in ie 407 it's a common problem.
kowalma est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/08/2014, 02h13   #3
Simple
Membre attaché

Pouvoir de réputation: 20
Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

Did you manage to solve the problem?
Simple est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 17/08/2014, 09h53   #4
Kellertroll
Débutant

Par défaut

Someting is wrong with the transmission ECU.

The problem is not fixed yet. I have no point where i can look for the problem.
I checked the wires the connections i read out all the ecu`s but nothing indicates the problem. I cannot read the transmission ECU because the china diag interface wont do that. Maybe i only can go to a peugeot dealer and let him look inside.
Vieux 17/08/2014, 21h17   #5
Simple
Membre attaché

Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

I read somewhere on the that somebody has connected his car to the network (internet), and someone else used his tools to perform the diagnostics. Send a message on the board and see if someone can help with that.

However, having read your post again, the problem may lie in the connections and wirings and not in the ECU itself. It may also be a dry joint on the ECU motherboard! is it affected by temperature?

Try to take the ECU out and put back the original one! after cleaning all wiring and connections.

If you have different results to those you had the first time, then the problem may lie somewhere else.
Vieux 18/08/2014, 20h10   #6
Kellertroll
Débutant

Par défaut

I clean all the connections. Open up the ecu and search for cold solder joints, but i find nothing. I put it in the reflow oven but it did not help.
Vieux 19/08/2014, 07h19   #7
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

I did not mean the connectors on the ECU, I meant the connectors and wiring to the ECU. Also, check the voltage/current reaching the ECU, for some reason I feel there may be something wrong there as well.

I am sure you have tried everything, until you solve the problem, when you discover that was the one thing you did not try. Or, when you try something again but pay more attention this time. But no one on the forum knows what every thing you tried.

The problem may be one of Digital Logic, but it may be caused by standard Analogue Logic!
Vieux 19/08/2014, 07h27   #8
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

I just thought of something, it may not be the ECU!

Check the Actuators; especially the clutch actuator.
Vieux 19/08/2014, 08h11   #9
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Assuming the Gear Oil is good,
Ensure your battery is producing enough Voltage and Current.
Ensure your ECU Firmware is fine (re-flash it if need be).

Perform Adaptive Gear Reset as follows:

Stop the car on the side of a long flat road stretch, switch off and wait a minute until all devices/lights are off.

Switch the ignition "ON" without starting the car and keep it "ON" while performing the following 3 steps to reset gearbox.

1- Step "fully" on the accelerator for at least 10 seconds.
2- Step on the brakes while changing between all gears "P, R, N, D, 1,2,3,4,3,2,1,D,N,R,P" for at least 20 seconds.
3- Step on the accelerator for at least 20 second.

4- Start the engine with the gear at the P position and drive the car very gently until you reach 2500 RPM. Every time the gear changes, the RPM drops, try gradually to bring it back to 2500 RPM and stay there.

You will feel the first gear changing happening around 1800 RPM, then around 2500 RPM twice. After few kilometers the adaptive Gearbox would have learnt your new driving pattern.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
dimss89 (09/09/2014)
Vieux 20/08/2014, 10h04   #10
Kellertroll
Débutant

Par défaut

I searched for a animal bit mark on the wires. I check the wire bundle for any damage but i cannot find something. My China Diag Interface do not read the ecu complete. I cannot see the manufactor brand and the version in the program. I checked all the funktion with my diag, the valves, rpm speed of the diffrent parts in the gearbox. But i cannot find something. In the last days the main problem is the ecu would not detected and is not working, so i cannot switch gears the lever stuck on P and the savety switch that goes open when i push the brake padle doing nothing. The BSI alert shows me a ESP/ASP fault and the engine shows a few faulst to because there are no signal and data from the gearbox ecu.

Where can i find software for my ecu? And can i flash this by myself?
Vieux 04/09/2014, 12h58   #11
Kellertroll
Débutant

Exclamation

Ok i found the error. The ECU Voltage drop from 12V to 7V and the ECU stops working. I find out thet there is a wire split from the motor ECU to the transmission ECU. Located under the driver seat. This connection was faulty.
I fixed it and the problem is vanished. The car works fine again.

Thanks for all the tips and answers.

Greetings Troll
Sponsored Link
Réponse

Liens sociaux

Outils de la discussion

Règles de messages