Tlemcen Car electronics  

Précédent   Tlemcen Car electronics > Outils & Diag > Outils de diagnostique > LEXIA, PP2000, DiagBox
S'inscrire FAQ Communauté Donate Messages du jour Recherche

autotool
Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 04/03/2016, 08h08   #16
Simple
Membre attaché

Pouvoir de réputation: 20
Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

Here is the whole lot:
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt DBox_8xx_Install_and_update.txt (1,3 Ko, 205 affichages)
Simple est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 04/03/2016, 08h23   #17
Simple
Membre attaché

Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

I would appreciate if the Administrator can tidy this thread and rename it to "DiagBox 8.01 Installation" changing the contents (and adding a French translation and the links text file) to the following:

Installing DiagBox 8.01
This procedure and the software provided are intended for personal, educational and experimental use to install DiagBox 8.01. I hold no responsibility for any illegal or improper usage. Carry out this procedure at your own risk.

Notice
- This process is updated as I get new ideas or feed back to improve it.
- Links for DiagBox 8.01, DiagBox updates and "AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe" are in the attachment.
- Starting with an installed Windows XP Pro SP3 X86 (32 bit), nothing else is needed (but .NET 3.5 SP1, FireFox and 7Zip are useful).

Installing DiagBox 8.01
1- Install DiagBox 7.01 and run update 7.02 then install update 7.xx-7.57 (or any v7.45+ update that creates "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\cfg\Config.sys")
2- Restart the computer and rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" (you may need to stop some diagBox processes)
3- Run DiagBox 8.01 installation until it requests Activation. Close it and run the tool "AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe" it will inject the necessary files and copy the configuration from "C:\AWRoot7".
4- Run DiagBox, it should continue the installation successfully.

Done !, restart DiagBox 8.01 (as Administrator) to confirm all has gone well.

Installing Updates
1- Download and install "DiagBox_updt_802.ISO" update.
2- Download and install subsequent updates or Maitresox updates (7.66+).

Update 1
The order of the version lines and which is active in VERSION.INI is important for the running of the system. DiagBox will display 08.01 if set as shown below. But Lexia will NOT work with "version.ini" set to V08.xx active (xx is the version number depending on which update is applied).
[APPLICATION]
version=08.01
version=07.65

If Lexia is started with "version=08.xx" active, "APPDIAG.SYS" will be corrupted and it will need to be restored before DiagBox will work again. To operate Lexia (after starting DiagBox with 8.xx), edit "version.ini" and comment/save "version=08.xx" (by inserting ";" as shown below) BEFORE starting LEXIA.

Setting "version.ini" to 07.xx (by removing or commenting "version=8.xx" permanently) will prompt DiagBox to report V 07.xx, but everything will work fine..
[APPLICATION]
;version=08.08
version=07.72

Update 2
- There is an issue with installing DiagBox 8 on VirtualBox, but it installs well on VMWare Workstation and Player.
- DiagBox v7 and v8 do NOT install on Windows 10 RS1 (may be sorted in future Windows 10 RS1 releases), but they install on Windows 10 TH1 and TH2.

DBox_8xx_Install_and_update.txt

Enjoy;

Simple.
Vieux 04/03/2016, 08h25   #18
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Also, please remove all unnecessary posts so the members don't have to read repeated or useless information.. like this post.
Vieux 04/03/2016, 08h41   #19
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Please add to the text that users can delete "C:\AWRoot7" after confirming that DiagBox 8.xx is running fine..
Vieux 10/03/2016, 19h05   #20
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

To install DiagBox 8.01 on VirtualBox:
- Follow the 4 points procedure and after commencing with point 3, it will freeze just before the activation request. Use Task Manager to kill the installation process, then start DiagBox from the icon on the desktop, it will request Activation, close it and run the activation tool. Follow on with point 4 and continue.
- Some platforms may require MS VC++ 2008. A should be available here "C:\teleassistance\visualC\vcredist_x86.exe"
- You may have an issue with "psaAagent.exe" issue on VirtualBox, this has been dealt-with in another thread.
Vieux 28/03/2016, 08h54   #21
Thom@s
V.I.P

Thanked 1 079 Times in 64 Posts
Pouvoir de réputation: 24
Thom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud ofThom@s has much to be proud of
Question

Hi Simple,
This is a very interesting subject you created with this Diagbox 8 Upgrade and thank you for this.

Citation:
Envoyé par Simple Voir le message
All DiagBox updates from 7.67/8.03 are equal, V8 has more recent engines (like Java and VC++)
However, except changing more recent engines.
What's the real advantage of upgrade to version 8 ?
Is it for better performance, best compatibility ?

Regards

Thom@s
Thom@s est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
The Following User Says Thank You to Thom@s For This Useful Post:
guyguy307 (30/10/2017)
Vieux 28/03/2016, 10h27   #22
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Thanks Tomas,

I am not sure why did PSA decide on this shift, may be to handle newer functions in their new cars or (probably) to introduce "remote" services and collect more data about their vehicles and dealerships.

Notice that they did not update to the latest .NET, VC++ or java etc.. The reason here seems that the official Hardware/OS kit present at the dealership is not equipped to handle the latest 64 bit Windows nor is it needed to do so.. All they need is to run their application (while keeping backward compatibility) without the need for Hardware upgrade and new Operating System licenses.

I and many others like me (who have old PSA models and are NOT dealers or Mechanics by trade) do not need connectivity, in fact the XS Evolution clone are bought to perform whatever repairs people can and avoid the excessive dealer charges.

I have updated to DiagBox v8.xx and it is working fine.. I wouldn't want to be left behind..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
CHIKODIAG (30/07/2018), guyguy307 (30/10/2017)
Vieux 03/04/2016, 06h18   #23
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

My son performed a complete DiagBox 7.01 installation that took an amazing 4 minutes.. The platform was Windows XP 32bit SP3 with 3GB RAM allocated memory and 20GB allocated Virtual Disk space running on VirtualBox 5.0.17 r106287 on his Desktop computer which is comprised of Intel G3258 CPU at 4.0 GHz with 8GB RAM and 250GB SSD on a Z97 GigaByte motherboard. The full installation and upgrade to v7.57 took 7 minutes!!!

He then performed another installation with identical setup but using VMWare Player, which took 11 minutes to 7.01, 14 minutes to 7.02 and 20 minutes to reach 7.57... These were the fastest DiagBox installations I have seen.
Vieux 02/08/2016, 19h35   #24
abdoumoh
Membre Non Confirmé

Pouvoir de réputation: 0
abdoumoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Par défaut DiagBox 8.xx (How to Update)

bonjour simple merci pour cette vidéo que je vais suivre car suite à la reponce que tu avais donné je ne l'avais pas encore essayé manque de temps pour sa aussi que je n'ai pas répondu te tient au courant Sito fait encore grand merci pour ce que tu fais et aussi d'aider quand tu le peux
bonne journeé a toi
abdoumoh est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 03/08/2016, 08h37   #25
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

@abdoumoh,
I am not sure I understand your message, but if you wish to install 8.xx using 7.xx profile, use the updated "DBox_8xx_Install_and_update.txt" attachment to download the necessary files.
Regards, Simple.
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt DBox_8xx_Install_and_update.txt (1,3 Ko, 69 affichages)
Vieux 17/11/2016, 09h48   #26
maskcoto
Débutant

maskcoto is on a distinguished road
Par défaut

Merci, je vais commencer dès maintenant avec l'installation.
maskcoto est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/10/2017, 14h03   #27
xboxcristal
Banned

xboxcristal is on a distinguished road
Par défaut

bonsoir j'aurais besoin d'un petit coup de pouce la car je comprend rien merci d'avance
xboxcristal est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 26/10/2017, 14h56   #28
xboxcristal
Banned

xboxcristal is on a distinguished road
Par défaut

Citation:
Envoyé par xboxcristal Voir le message
bonsoir j'aurais besoin d'un petit coup de pouce la car je comprend rien merci d'avance
pour info je suis en 7.82 Maitresox
xboxcristal est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 30/10/2017, 20h51   #29
guyguy307
T-E master

Thanked 2 599 Times in 1 155 Posts
Pouvoir de réputation: 38
guyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond reputeguyguy307 has a reputation beyond repute
Par défaut

hello simple this version 07.817 is perfect I use it every day and I never meet any problem except some refut of telecoding on old lexia, which does not matter to me because I have another pc in 7.57

do you think you can upgrade to 8.17 ?? which could be useful for new vehicles new expert......

thank you for your perfect works and escuse me friend for my pigs englsh

---------- Post added at 21h51 ---------- Previous post was at 21h49 ----------

salut xboxcristal

tout est hyper bien detailler dans le tuto d'installation de simple

sur quel point rencontre tu des problémes?
Vieux 31/10/2017, 01h47   #30
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Hi guyguy307,

It is possible for "anyone" to upgrade to 8.19, (get necessary files from maitresox 7.82/8.18 and my 7.83/8.19), but I don't know why no one has attempted it!?. I currently have little time to do anything on DiagBox.

A month ago I put together APP-850-854 update, but did not post. Here it is:
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt APP_Update_850-854.txt (349 octets, 39 affichages)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
adiago (31/10/2017), calimero0000 (02/05/2018), DIAGAUTO33 (31/10/2017), guyguy307 (31/10/2017), Kaisv6 (21/11/2017), mahfoud lichani (31/10/2017), mecadriano (18/11/2017), omarzoro (31/10/2017), PepitoChip (04/11/2017)
Sponsored Link
Réponse

Liens sociaux

Règles de messages