Tlemcen Car electronics  

Précédent   Tlemcen Car electronics > Outils & Diag > Outils de diagnostique > LEXIA, PP2000, DiagBox

Banner mod-Files1
Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 12/02/2016, 17h20   #1
Simple
Membre attaché

Pouvoir de réputation: 20
Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

This procedure and the software provided are intended for personal, educational and experimental use to upgrade from DiagBox version 7.xx to 8.xx only. I hold no responsibility for any illegal or improper usage. Carry out this procedure at your own risk.

If you don't have DiagBox 7.xx already installed, install DiagBox 7.01, perform internet update to 7.02 and use v7.xx-7.57 upgrade or any version that has "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\cfg\config.sys". Once you have an operational 7.xx start from here:

1- Stop all DiagBox services and rename "C:\APP" to "C:\APP7" and "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" and restart your computer.
2- Install 8.01, it will create a new "C:\APP" and "C:\AWRoot" but it will stop at requesting User Name and Password, close it.
3- Stop all DiagBox services again and rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot8" and "C:\AWRoot7" to "C:\AWRoot", restart computer.
4- Start DiagBox application, it will continue the DiagBox 8.01 installation.
5- When finished, close DiagBox and restart it to ensure it is working and no updates are needed, it will report Version 7.57 or the version you used.
6- Stop all DiagBox services and rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" and "C:\AWRoot8" to "C:\AWRoot".
7- Ensure (through Control Panel Add Remove) you have VC++ 2008 (preferably Microsoft.VC80.CRT" version="8.0.50727.762) is installed.
8- Navigate to all the files listed below in "C:\AWRoot\..." and rename them to original_name.8 for example "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\version.txt" to "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\version.txt.8"
9- Copy all the listed files from "C:\AWRoot7\..." to the appropriate location in "C:\AWRoot\...", you will now have 2 copies of each file, one with .8 extension and one without..
10- Restart your computer and download and install the reconfigured "DiagBox_updt_802.ISO" update.
11- Continue installing Maitresox update from 7.66-7.76 --> 7.76-7.82 --> 7.82-7.83 etc..

You are done.. You now have DiagBox v8.xx running under v7.xx profile (ignore the reported version) and (in theory) you could switch back to your original installation by stopping all DiagBox services and renaming your current "C:\APP" and "C:\AWRoot" to 8 and "C:\APP7" and "C:\AWRoot7" to "C:\APP" and "C:\AWRoot". Going back to 8 is the reversal.

The list of files and the Update 8.02 download link with password are in the attached file "DBox_801_upgrade.txt".

The file "DBox_8-20.txt" contains a link to the original (NOT reconfigured) "inter8_02.rar" 8.20 update, it has components for "AWRoot" only. DO NOT TRY IT if you don't know what you are doing, it will render your system NOT WORKING for sure.

Have a nice time,

Simple.

Please find a link to DiagBox 8.01 ISO in the attached file "DiagBox_8.01_ISO.txt".
I was unable to edit the previous post, so I am adding to this post.
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt DBox_801_upgrade.txt (679 octets, 291 affichages)
Type de fichier : txt DBox_8-20.txt (325 octets, 243 affichages)
Type de fichier : txt DiagBox_8.01_ISO.txt (91 octets, 227 affichages)

Dernière modification par jphp ; 13/02/2016 à 16h00. Motif: fusion
Simple est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
سعدان (14/11/2017), AKDAN (13/11/2017), bladi (29/01/2018), calimero0000 (02/05/2018), Charly1967 (15/08/2021), ElTurco (09/12/2018), jphp (13/02/2016), manudiag (13/02/2016), Marianoss (04/12/2018), marianro2007 (24/11/2016), Nextrick (23/03/2018), saadaoui frere (09/12/2018), vmo (24/01/2018), vortex (13/02/2016), xboxcristal (27/10/2017)
Vieux 15/02/2016, 05h47   #2
Simple
Membre attaché

Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

Please notice that the correct name of the "Version" file is "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\version.ini" is and NOT "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\version.txt" as stated previously.
Vieux 18/02/2016, 05h41   #3
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

I have recompiled V8.xx updates from 8.02 to 8.17 (see attached file DBox_8xx_updates.txt) with all original files included and only the 4 files that make it work with version 7 changed. They will report V8.xx NOT V7.xx, you can try them.

The version.ini file has:
[APPLICATION]
Version=08.17
Version=07.81

However, after starting DiagBox and before starting Lexia, "Version=08.xx" needs to be commented and saved, otherwise Lexia will deactivate DiagBox, in which case you need to restore APPDIAG.SYS to be working again, like this:
[APPLICATION]
;Version=08.17
Version=07.81

Else, keep "Version=08.xx" commented and DiagBox will report V7.xx but everything will be working fine... DiagBox will not start with only "version=08.xx" in version.ini.

Now, how are updates performed....

Updates are downloaded and expanded (by DiaagBox) in "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\updt\Appli\" folder as RAR files, then moved to "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\updt\MAJDIST\", See DiagBox_updt_8xx.rar.

You can manually expand one or more update in the "MAJDIST" folder where it will have the AWRoot, APP and possibly the APPLIC folders. The presence of "majdist.tmp" tells DiagBox that an update is waiting to be installed and on running DiagBox it will start Internet Update. If you remove "majdist.tmp" or rename it, DiagBox will NOT perform the Internet update even if it is downloaded, expanded and ready..

The idea is to navigate through the various folders and edit or remove necessary/unnecessary files so that it works... Run an upgrade file, it will expand in the "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\updt\MAJDIST\" folder, change the name of the "majdist.tmp" file so that you don't do something silly accidentally, or compress the files and move them somewhere else for manipulation, then move them back when done. Compare different files to whats hapenning.

The files that you are most likely to work with are in "AWRoot" and the main files that may damage the installation if it fails are APPDIAG.SYS, CFG.BIN in "AWRoot\bin\fi", CONFIG.SYS in "AWRoot\dtwr\cfg" and the 13 files starting with "fr.actia.AWF.xxxxxxxxx.dll" in the cache folder in "AWRoot\bin\fi\cache", every time you make a mistake they disappear.. So make sure you have working backup copies before you start (the configuration files are specific to the installation and the computer, they will NOT work on another installation). The rest are interchangeable..

Notice:
This particular upgrade was performed using the DiagBox v8.01 with no files removed, I did my best to follow the same methodology when configuring the updates.. I would (and others as well) appreciate if someone who is having issues with DiagBox 7, could try (V8 + updates) and tell us if it made a difference in his case.

Hints:
- The easiest way to build your experimentation environment is to use Virtual Machines and take snapshots after every significant achievement, so that if you make a mistake, you start from the last snapshot NOT from the beginning.
- To speed up recovery from failure, I have also added a small tool (Cache Contents Restorer in DBox_8xx_updates.txt) that will replenish "fr.actia.AWF.xxxxxxxxx.dll" after getting wiped out. You could create your own that will also restore (your) APPDIAG.SYS as well.

My objective is to empower users so that we can have lively contribution based on our collective and varying skills. If you are good with software and have a Peugeot Citroen car that you may have to live with for sometime to come, then have a go at it, it is time you learnt how to do it, and you know the symphony by now "carry out this procedure at your own risk"...

I guess we should see more members contributing....

Good luck..

Simple.
Images attachées
Type de fichier : jpg DBox817.jpg (73,9 Ko, 181 affichages)
Type de fichier : jpg DBox_784.jpg (72,0 Ko, 138 affichages)
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt DBox_8xx_updates.txt (651 octets, 131 affichages)
Type de fichier : rar DiagBox_updt_8xx.rar (950 octets, 134 affichages)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
calimero0000 (02/05/2018), KEKE95 (11/11/2018), manudiag (28/11/2017), vmo (24/01/2018)
Vieux 18/02/2016, 13h03   #4
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Automatically up****** VCI Firmware

To make DiagBox check the VCI firmware and update if necessary,

Precaustion:
Copy or move all files (NOT folders) inside "C:\AWRoot\bin\Launcher\" to a safe location before perfoming the following:

1- Download "Launcher.rar" from the link provided
2- Extract all files into "C:\AWRoot\bin\Launcher\" skipping or replacing existing files (ap.ini need to be replaced)
3- Rename your preferred Firmware inside Launcher folder to APPLI.COM
4- Connect your VCI and wait until it is recognised
5- Launch DiagBox, it will check the VCI Firmware and update ONLY if necessary.

You can disable this function by setting "MAJ_COM=TRUE" to "MAJ_COM=FALSE" in ap.ini

Note: Some users may be afraid that a damaging APPLI.COM may be included in a future update release. It does not matter if this is feasible or not, you can change AP.INI settings to disable firmware update after performing your desired update and put your mind at rest.

Simple..
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt DiagBox Launcher.txt (619 octets, 93 affichages)
Vieux 20/02/2016, 22h22   #5
tomsy10
Débutant T-E

Pouvoir de réputation: 0
tomsy10 is on a distinguished road
Par défaut aide

bonjour simple voila je suis ta procedure mais je doit bloquer sur quelque chose quand tu dit arreter les services de diagbox (psa start;ediagstart;sim) renommer app et awroot fontionne redemarre et installe 8.01 mais la il me demande de desinstaller ancienne version et pas nom d utilisateur mot de passe je le fait et apres la procedure que tu explique ne fonctionne plus j aimerai avoir un peu plus d explication si tu pouvais merci d avance aussi on passe bien a la version 8.01 avec sa merci aussi pour tout le travail que tu fait
a chaque fois je suis obliger de tout reinstaller donc je te demande un peu d aide en plus bonne soiree merci encore de ta reponce
tomsy10 est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 21/02/2016, 00h07   #6
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

I have tried Google translation, but it is not very clear, I am not sure I understand where is your problem..
However.. after you rename APP to APP7 and AWRoot to AWRoot7 and starting V8.01 installation, it remove (DiagBox 7) information but NOT the application and it will start DiagBox v8.01 installation (demande de desinstaller ancienne version et pas nom d utilisateur mot de passe, this is ok continue installation).

Installation will start and when it stops (because of registration) close it and stop services again and rename AWRoot ONLY (point #3).. and continue...

Important.. Do not forget to copy the files (listed in the attachment) from DiagBox 7..
Vieux 22/02/2016, 22h40   #7
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Reduced process for a fresh DiagBox v8.01 installation:

Installing DiagBox 8.01
1- Install DiagBox 7.01, perform the Activation, this will create the “APPDIAG.SYS”, “CFG.BIN” and “VERSION.INI” files in "C:\AWRoot\bin\fi\" needed for V8.01 installation. Stop the installation (Task Manager, End Task) and reboot the computer.
2- Rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" and uninstall DiagBox v7.01, this will NOT remove “C:\AWRoot7”. Install Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1, VC++ 2008 and Java and restart the computer.
3- Install 8.01, it will create a new "C:\APP" and "C:\AWRoot" but when requesting User Activation, close it and restart the computer.
4- Run "AWRoot_v7_files_for_v8.exe" (attached to the first post) and restart DiagBox application, it will continue the DiagBox 8.01 installation.
5- When finished, close DiagBox and restart it to ensure it is working fine and no updates are needed, it will report the Version 7.65.

Installing Updates:
1- Download and install "DiagBox_updt_802.ISO" update.
2- Other updates are as explained previously.

Done...

P.S. The order of installing things is important, I had "Data Access Problem" which was sorted by reinstalling Java 7.67 and VC++ 2008 9.0.21022.8, then reinstalling DiagBox 8.01.. a blank "C:\VERSION.TXT" was also added.
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt VC2k8_Java767_DBox-Files.txt (467 octets, 87 affichages)
The Following User Says Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
doud77 (12/03/2018)
Vieux 23/02/2016, 00h35   #8
nany
Représentant T-E

Pouvoir de réputation: 18
nany is a jewel in the roughnany is a jewel in the roughnany is a jewel in the roughnany is a jewel in the rough
Par défaut

i just have a question, i upgrade my diagbox with all version founded here and it work's fine but as i'm very curiouse person and i prefer to ask to know what is the real purpose if i do this procedur.
is that for upgrade a firmware ?
Phone Fix : 034 12 84 15
nany est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 23/02/2016, 08h39   #9
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

All DiagBox updates from 7.67/8.03 are equal, V8 has more recent engines (like Java and VC++). There were inquiries in the forums about DiagBox v8.01, I could not install it as it was asking for online verification, so I had a go at it for fun..

I have an oldish C8, and I use DiagBox few times per year without connecting to PSA and have not noticed (operational) difference. I don't know if it will make a difference to someone else, I guess they may know if they try!! But there is a popular proverb that says "If it is working; don't fix it"..
Vieux 23/02/2016, 22h47   #10
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

New attachment with links to files..
Fichiers attachés
Type de fichier : txt VC2k8_Java767_DBox_Activation_Files.txt (941 octets, 88 affichages)
Vieux 24/02/2016, 05h49   #11
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

Update 2
- Added demonstration video "Win-XP_DBX801.AVI" to show the process:
- The de-installation of VC++ 2005 is not necessary.
- There was no unblocking of applications trying to connect through the firewall, because there was a previous installation that was removed, also the firewall was turned off.
- The installation process was ended at minute 7:30, that's because the recording is done on VirtualBox and DiagBox v8 does install properly on VirtualBox. It installs well on VMWare Workstation and Player. Also DiagBox v7 and v8 do not install on Windows 10 RS1 (this may be sorted in the future), but they install on Windows 10 TH1 and TH2.
- version=08.01 line was commented before starting Lexia, otherwise APPDIAG.SYS would be corrupted.

https://mega.nz/#!xh1T1aIb!GmpMtt4QJvQPz...nS-wMYhqAc
The Following User Says Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
doud77 (12/03/2018)
Vieux 25/02/2016, 07h15   #12
tomsy10
Débutant T-E

Par défaut merci

bonjour simple merci pour cette vidéo que je vais suivre car suite à la reponce que tu avais donné je ne l'avais pas encore essayé manque de temps pour sa aussi que je n'ai pas répondu te tient au courant Sito fait encore grand merci pour ce que tu fais et aussi d'aider quand tu le peux
bonne journeé a toi
Vieux 03/03/2016, 13h31   #13
tomsy10
Débutant T-E

Par défaut bonjour simple

je fais l installation comme tu la presente sur la video mais lors de l activation Run "AWRoot_v7_files_for_v8.exe les fichiers de la premiere commande s intalle bien mais la deuxieme commande bloque et demande f fichier ou r repertoire que faire car je crois que tout plante a ce moment la j ai reussi une fois mais quand j ai femer diagbox et reouvert erreur je n arrive pas si tu pouvais expliquer ou je bloque merci bonne journee
j ai essayer plus d une fois toujour pas
Vieux 03/03/2016, 16h30   #14
Simple
Membre attaché

Par défaut

I tried Google Translation, but I did not understand.. If you are having a problem try this method...

Installing DiagBox 8.01
1- Install DiagBox 7.01 and run update 7.02 then install update 7.xx-7.57 (or any v7.45+ update that creates "C:\AWRoot\dtwr\cfg\Config.sys")
2- Install .NET 3.5 SP1, restart the computer and rename "C:\AWRoot" to "C:\AWRoot7" (you may need to stop some diagBox processes)
3- Run DiagBox 8.01 installation until it requests Activation. Close it and run the tool "AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe" it will inject the necessary files and copy the configuration from "C:\AWRoot7".
4- Run DiagBox, it should continue the installation successfully.

AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe No password https://mega.nz/#!x8cWWSSI!2Gqp4ma0f...3cLkZSq5Y5klOY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simple For This Useful Post:
mecadriano (18/11/2017), saadaoui frere (09/12/2018)
Vieux 04/03/2016, 00h59   #15
UdsCanOnline
Product supporter

Pouvoir de réputation: 24
UdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to beholdUdsCanOnline is a splendid one to behold
Par défaut

Hi Simple,

Good work.

Do you possible to upload DiagBox_updt_802_Simple.exe

Because link is down.

thank you
UdsCanOnline est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
The Following User Says Thank You to UdsCanOnline For This Useful Post:
MecaTech (05/12/2020)
Sponsored Link
Réponse

Liens sociaux