Afficher un message
Vieux 06/09/2015, 19h17   #10
Simple
Membre attaché

Pouvoir de réputation: 20
Simple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud ofSimple has much to be proud of
Par défaut

Thanks kitty-hawk, I ******ly have that document and few others, including the French manual "RTA - CITROËN C8...pdf", I also watched some YouTube videos.

The way I changed the oil is as follows:
1- Drove the car until operational temperature and parked it in the drive way, Jacked it up and ensured it was horizontal (used spirit level and laser gun).
2- Connected the Lexia device and kept it connected all the time, checked temperature and performed other tasks (preparations, diagnosis, deleted errors and waited) until Gear oil temperature is around 63C degrees.
3- With the Gear Lever in P started engine, inserted a clean dry 5 liter container under the drainage point and opened the drainage nut (If oil level is high, it will spill the excess into the container until it trickles in drops, measure the amount); in my case I got few drops, indicating correct or possibly low level.
4- Stopped engine (with temp at 66C) and removed the plastic insert using Allen key size 8. The oil spilled out until trickled, I started the engine few seconds and I got another gush. Total amount of drained oil was 2.8 Liter of reasonably good oil, since I performed first change 6 months ago.
5- Put back the plastic insert, replaced the drainage nut and filled in 3 Liters of Mobil LT 71141.
6- Started the engine, foot on brake and changed (all) gears very slowly until temperature is around 63C.
7- While Engine is on and gear in Park, opened the drainage nut and released excess oil in new container (got a short spillage then drops). Now oil level is correct.
8- Replaced the drainage nut and added 0.25 Liter of Mobil LT71141.
9- Drove the car under the same conditions few times now (previously, the error was easy to replicate under certain conditions), but the error has not occurred since.

I ******ly took measurements of all activities to ensure I would be in position to analyze the data if need be.

I hope the above may help someone..
Simple est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation